Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Mason Jar Soap Dispenser


I saw this idea on Pinterest - a soap dispenser made from a jar- and I thought it would be fun to try it with a mason jar.



Supplies:


-Mason Jar
-Knife or exacto knife
-Pliers
-Hammer
-And an old hand soap pump



First measure the circumference of  the old soap pump to make sure it will fit perfectly, then mark where the hole will be and using the knife cut the hole.  Pry back the edges to make the hole bigger.
.

 Hammer down the sharp edges.


 Put the pump in the hole. If you'd like to glue it in place to make sure it won't move, go right ahead. You could use hot glue or magnet glue, but I went the easy way out and it still works great. You can get the dispenser off any old soap or even lotion bottle anything you can find would probably work.


Finally put the soap in the jar, put the lid with the pump on and screw on the band. "TA-DA" we have a crafty soap dispenser. What's even better is that it cost me nothing. I just used things I already had at home and I'm sure most of you have these items as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment