Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Onesie Repurpose: Part 1 The Onesie

I hate throwing away good clothes because it has a stain. So I like to re-purpose (a nicer way to say re-use) them as much as I can. I had a bunch of scraps and some old clothes so I put them all together to make a new cute outfit.

The pieces I used where an old stained onesie, a too big shirt, some tulle, and about 1/4 yard of cotton flannel.


I cut the ruffles off the shirt, and a rectangle from the arm big enough to cover the stain and the writing on the front of the onesie.

These are all the pieces that I cut from the old shirt. The ones on the right for the front and on the left for the bum.

Then I cut some of the patterns from the flannel piece, just a few some flowers and leaves.

Next I took the flowers and sewed them onto the rectangle piece.

Then I sewed it onto the onesie along with two of the ruffles.

To make the bum cute I put the other ruffles on the back placing them to get smaller as you go down in an inverted pyramid shape. I sewed it starting at the bottom one.

On the top one I sewed it so the stitching was on the underside of the ruffle.

This is what the bum looked like when I was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment